Glass patio doors offer beauty and functionality that can help make your home stylish and comfortable at the same time. Attractive patio doors, whether French style doors or sliding patio doors, are designed to bring in natural light while offering superior weather protection and energy saving benefits.
Choosing the right door for your home is so important. The right door can deliver value and in small ways, improve your quality of life. Make your patio door a conversation starter by installing the right door for your home.
Benefits of French and Contemporary Sliding Glass Doors
There are so many reasons to buy and install the right patio doors for your home. Choosing the right doors can deliver uncompromising beauty while helping your home be more energy efficient and comfortable. Below are some of the many benefits of installing high quality patio doors.
- Simple beauty. French doors and sliding glass doors are designed to be beautiful. Both types of doors accomplish this goal through simple construction and design. An elegant frame, a large pane of glass, and attractive hardware is all it takes to make your home’s sliding and French doors as beautiful as possible.
- Security. A well-made French door or sliding glass door is designed to protect your home from those things in the environment that could compromise your home’s structure. A good lock and impact-resistant glass helps prevent your home from being accessed by intruders. In addition, impact-resistant glass can also protect your home from high winds and tropical storms that could threaten your property.
- Ease of use. Ease of use is important, especially for those who have small children or mobility problems. Sliding glass doors glide open with an easy push, while French doors are hinged and open outward and clasp tightly for easy closing. Both types of doors have easy operation.
- Energy savings. Energy savings is so important because it translates to money savings. French doors and sliding glass doors that are ENERGY STAR® rated are among the most energy efficient doors available. Look for doors that are made from low-e glass to prevent heat from escaping your home when it’s cold, or entering your home when it’s hot.
- Let in the light. Without a doubt, French doors and sliding glass doors allow a great deal of light into the home. Keep the glass clean for optimal natural light, and to make it even better, position your doors in a place where you can enjoy the view.
- Customizations available. Sliding doors and French doors can be customized to match the aesthetic of your home. Choose doors in the right color and with the right glass tints for your personal tastes.
When you consider that your doors will be a part of your home for decades, French and sliding patio doors are an obvious choice. With so many benefits, these doors are the perfect entrance to your patio, and the perfect addition to your home.
What to Look For in Glass Doors
Shopping around for glass doors, there’s a lot to think about before you make a final decision. Knowing how to choose the best doors for your home will help ensure that you’ll be happy with your purchase. Ultimately, finding a quality door brand and a door that matches your personal tastes is most important for ensuring that your door purchase will be a success. Here’s what to consider.
Reputable Manufacturer and Dealer
Look for a window manufacturer and dealer that you can trust to sell a quality product. Not all brands are created equal. To find products that are sold by a reputable company, consider the following:
- Professional sales practices and website. Review the company’s website to get a good sense for their products, company values and commitment to customer service.
- Range of products. Look for a company that offers choices you like, so no matter which products you select for your home, you’ll be happy with the outcome.
- Commitment to quality. Seek a brand that takes pride in its work and has a commitment to selling products of the best quality possible.
Impact Resistant Material
Impact resistant material is important for ensuring that your home is protected when unexpected storms occur. Impact glass is designed to withstand flying debris, hurricane force winds and more.
Energy Star Rated Products
The ENERGY STAR® rating is given to doors and windows that are among the most energy efficient products of their type. When you’re buying a door for your home, whether it’s a French door or a sliding glass door, it’s important to seek a product that has this type of rating. ENERGY STAR® products save you money while also boosting the value of your home, making it more attractive to buyers if you ever seek to sell your house.
Range of Frame and Glass Colors
Of course you want choices when you’re making an important purchase like a door for your home. Seek sliding and French doors from a company that offers a range of frame color options as well as glass tinting options.
When you’re considering glass type, don’t forget that privacy can be important. Tinted glass is more effective at keeping life inside your house private, so if this is important to you, purchase a door with this glass that has been tinted in whatever color you like best for your property.
Made from a Durable Material
Your door will be used time and again for entry into your home, so it’s important to purchase a door made from a very durable material. Vinyl and aluminum are highly durable but versatile materials that can withstand strong winds, scratches and a range of wear and tear.
It’s important to purchase a door from a company that backs up their products with a good warranty. With each company you’re considering, look for their warranty on their website. If you’re unable to find it, you may have to ask to see a warranty at one of their stores. The warranty is the company’s promise that they believe in their products, so don’t overlook this detail.
Choosing the Right Door Makes All the Difference
Following these tips, you can find a door that will become a stand-out feature in your home. Shop around and be selective when you’re looking for glass doors. Your glass patio doors may seem like a small part of your home’s structure, however, their impact with the light they admit and the beautiful views they provide, make them an important part of your home. Making the right choice can improve your home’s value and aesthetic. Don’t underestimate how important your patio doors are and take care to choose the right ones for your home.